Mappers Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Req. Team] Illyrium.

Go down 
+3
Heer Karel
Seabitz
Demon Eldorath
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-05-07

[Req. Team] Illyrium. Empty
PostSubject: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 5:47 pm

Illyrium
- is currently searching for active members a
Mappers3/5
LUA-scripters3/3
C++ Programmers1/1
Storywriters1/1

We're yet a small team.

Mappers with their own uniqueness which is shown in their map and got skills regarding the RPG-feeling in this game, aswell as this server.

LUA-scripter which can create and bug-fix lua files. You'll have to know NPC-lua how to add storagevalues, actionids and uniqueids and just regular basics of Actions & Movements.

C Programmers part of this server isn't really availible yet but would be good to have one for the close future. I doubt I'll find one here but still. You should know how to compile and edit/add sources. Not too much. This OTserver will be based most of our map and it's quest system in LUA.

The Storywriters should be able to write an story which is tempting and interesting. It'll be alot of stories to write, since we're doing a story for almost every zone, since we're planning World-Quests ontop of them. And yet be able to listen to co-workers about ideas and so on.

I'd like to get a LINK which is an proof of something you've done - and a explaination of RPG - and what it means for you so we know you got the same goal as us.

Last edited by Demon Eldorath on Sun May 25, 2008 5:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://niklas.nilssons.net
Seabitz
User
User
Seabitz

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:45 am

How does the mappers work? Like the open map project, copy/past...?
Back to top Go down
http://otland.net/
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:15 pm

Copy and paste. Since I want active mapper, and a Mapping team with Open-map send to-send back-send to-send back isn't really the active kind..
And this way we can be 100% sure it won't be released.
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:42 pm

Rejecting application

Last edited by Heer Karel on Thu May 22, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:07 pm

Heer Karel wrote:
Name: Heer Karel (you know my real name, however I don't feel like posting it here)
Job: Mapper, storyline writer, since you really need one Smile
Example: https://mappershell.rpg-board.net/tawot-f19/teaser-ii-t144.htm
https://mappershell.rpg-board.net/tawot-f19/city-dra-kheel-t145.htm
Why should you pick me?: Let's say because I like mapping, I'm a bit bored and I like your project, and what I told you over msn, not really wanna write much atm >.>

I love you to do something new. Make a small area. Something with jungle theme, as test. You any good at jungle theme or you prefer regular ?
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:09 pm

I suck at jungle theme >.>
Back to top Go down
cdR
User
User

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:28 am

Demon, I can help in storywrite, as test you can give me a 'begin and end' and I develop all in the middle, including: why doing this or that.

I'm not the storywrite that makes "genesis" like tibia, I feel more free in in-game history, npcs histories, quests, legends...

So, anything you need, tell me (you know that my english is not the best one, but I can get some help Razz)
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:57 am

Well. great, We're - or more correctly, I'm writing histories for almost every unique place we have, but I'm lack of the time and sure. Look at the "teaser-II" at our section, and write a story for it as test. Remember, above of the rope-ladders, there's a large rock blocking the hole, which only level XX is able to push away with it strenght.
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:54 pm

Bumpie, rejected my application, application info has been removed
Back to top Go down
Seabitz
User
User
Seabitz

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:21 pm

-comment removed due heavy offtopic and craptalk.-
/Demon Eldorath
Back to top Go down
Clary
User
User

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 4:41 pm

-Name: Younes

-Job: C++ Programmer.

-Example: i am not sure what i can say in here but well i am expert in editting sorc and adding
-NOTE:
-I can't create it from scratch i can only edit it to make it -working

-Why should you pick me?: Coz I like C++ Programming, I'm bored and I got alot of time since summer started & and i can help u in fixing scripts(move/talk/actions/npc)but not expert but i can help.
well there isn't real much write about.

-MSN: youness.mr@hotmail.com

-Other Comments: i prefer that u contact me in MSN so we can talk further

-Some Questions:
-What base are u using?
-Is it gonna be 24/7?
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 9:17 am

Well, sorry we just got this spot filled by Dalkon, one of the OpenLua-Distro creators. He's editing whole the c++ source to LUA, and more thereby to us. Sorry.

Got to reject you Clary.
Back to top Go down
Clary
User
User

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:05 pm

-Name: Younes

-Job: Idea Guy.

-Example: I am not sure what i can say in here but well i am expert in getting idea's but since i am noob in scripting/C++ coding i can't create them all Very Happy
-Why should you pick me?:
Coz I like giving ideas, I'm bored and I got alot of time since
summer started & and i can help u with my idea's in making this server real great

-MSN : You already know it xD

-Other Comments: i prefer that u contact me in MSN so we can talk further

-Some Questions:
-What base are u using?
-Is it gonna be 24/7?
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Hired, we'll talk further on regarding the Idea pos. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
FrozenM
User
User

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:12 pm

There isn't a sponsor pos. ?
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkrealms.com.br
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:07 am

Haha, well we allways got our fans ^^ But, wth could a sponsor, sponsor us with at this point? ;p
Back to top Go down
Seabitz
User
User
Seabitz

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:50 am

Seabitz wrote:
-comment removed due heavy offtopic and craptalk.-
/Demon Eldorath

What the fuck, Demon?! I just said the truth, did you even read it? -.-

Acctually it's still remaining...I don't think you read what I wrote.
Back to top Go down
cdR
User
User

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 3:28 pm

Demon
Its really hard make a story just looking photos, I'm trying to make a journal of an old and already dead hero from your own server.

Here is a part. just the 2 firsts screens

Quote :
Aryf's, The Runner, Journal

I take a look into the role, first of all I feel a heat from inside, and can see a low ilumination. I start go down carefully, this was a huge stair, when I came in the ground could see the impresive and scary scenario I was in. Stay looking the walls burning for a long time until I feel a little earthquake, like someone hitting really hard the core of the cave I've been.
Curious I went to see if have a passage to others places in the cave. The heat was almost unbearable, river of lava passing by my side. I found a old construction, appear like someone want live there, should be a crazy man.

I can't say more about the rock cause if I create maybe won't be the same as you will do :S
As I said, tell me the somethings about the behemoths lair if have an connection with the history of the server, if has a big quest... With this I can make something better...

Of course have a lot of english mistakes, hope you understand this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rdavison
User
User
rdavison

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 6:17 pm

Hey Niklas,
I've added you to MSN, but as I am starting to get quite tired, I may not be online when you are. I am applying for the role of a storywriter, and as you have are not online and I am quite bored I though I'd just do the same task as you set cdR. If you would not like me to do this, just give me a different scenario, otherwise here it is.

This story is based upon a small, shy country boy that's village has been raided by a small travelling army of orcs. As he was harvesting, he was not captured, but unluckily, his fiance was. Instead of grieving for his loss, he has taken it upon himself to retrieve his fiance, alone. He takes his fathers armour and sword and begins his quest. He keeps a diary of his journey, this is the entry for your scenario.

I can’t quite make out what date it is, sometime in February I think. My feet are black, blistered and bleeding; this is due to the perilous environment I am walking through. Looking around me, there is a lot of rock, fire and lava. I can only hazard a guess that I am in someplace where the race of humans are not welcome. I can tell this from the skeletons of men hung from the crumbling mountain face. I have reached a dead end, looking around; I see an old wooden rope ladder. I’m not sure that this will support my weight also I am too tired to go on, but I must press on, for if I don’t, I am scared that I will lose her forever.

I have reached the top, it was a difficult task as the ladder only just supported my weight, but I have reached the top. Walking across a rope bridge, I can tell this place was once inhabited by humans, but has been long dominated by a dark, powerful force. After crossing this rickety, insecure bridge I have reached a large stone. I do not know if I have enough energy to try and drive it out of my way. I must attempt to move this heavy rock boulder, for I have already faced worse perils on my quest, I cannot let this stop me. After several minutes of grunting, sweating and ramming with my shoulders, the boulder creaks only several inches, enough for me to squeeze through though.

My suspicions that this territory was once habituated by humans are strengthened due to the small ruins I am stood within. There is a rusted, blunt sword lay in a pile of hay, stained in black blood. I feel a cold shiver run down my spine, I’m being watched, but by what, I do not know. I must press on for being stalked is not my biggest dilemma. Leaving the ruins, I am faced with a crumbling stone bridge which is presumably to get over the small river of lava breaking through the stone, mountain floor. Crossing the bridge, I reach 3 colossal, black stone steps, leading up to an opening in the mountain. The opening has a decorated, stone doorway, presumably sculptured by the race that once lived within this mountain. Climbing the huge steps, I feel a sensation run up my legs, through my body, my arms, my head and back into the floor through my feet. What the hell am I getting myself into? I don’t have enough time to be scared, I must be brave for her life rests within my hands.

It's pretty basic at the moment as I'm pretty tired and got abit of a hangover :\. There may be a few spelling mistakes, there shouldn't be though. Anyways, I'll wait for your feedback. Smile

Take care,
Rick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aint_no_good_for_me
cdR
User
User

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:11 am

Of course I'm not Niklas, but may I do some comments about your text? Very Happy

I think (understood) that the rock is blocking the entrance (up the ladders) and not in other way.
You made like this: ladders -> rock -> ruins.
But for me is like this: rock -> role/ladders -> ruins.

I'm wrong?

Btw, good story, I liked the feeling part.
Back to top Go down
rdavison
User
User
rdavison

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:10 am

Haha, I wasn't just asking for feedback from Niklas, any feedback is good! Smile

I understood it like that, because I wrote it to the pictures if you understand what I mean. If you look at the second picture of teaser II, there is a ramp over a little stream of lava, and then on the 3rd picture the same thing, mirrored. I recognized this as being the same ramp so I put them into chronological order (because of the second screenshot, you cannot really see where climbing the ladder takes you) and decided that Niklas had put them in the correct order Razz

But it's the great thing about story writing and RPG, you can take it any direction you want Smile and I thought your story was pretty good Smile and thank you for your feed back. Smile
Back to top Go down
cdR
User
User

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:30 am

Ye...

The chronologic of the photos you are right, but I think the rock you need to move is before the ladder, yet.
Back to top Go down
rdavison
User
User
rdavison

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:39 am

There's a ladder after the rope bridge, so I assumed that was the rock he was talking about considering it was blocking the path Razz
Back to top Go down
cdR
User
User

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:44 pm

Nevermind, I'm already lost in the history/screenshots...
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:00 pm

Looking for an idea guy? Anyone? ;< could be large ideas or just simple small things you want implented or atleast think should be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Req. Team] Illyrium.   [Req. Team] Illyrium. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Req. Team] Illyrium.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next