Mappers Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minimap of Illyrium.

Go down 
+6
Skip
Fron
Air
Basti
Bruce
Demon Eldorath
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Minimap of Illyrium. Empty
PostSubject: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:42 pm

Minimap of Illyrium. Minimapgroundmw8

Illyrium.

I just wanted to add something to the forum aswell xP I'll probably give you all a sneakpeak later on.
But be patient, since I'm doing this solo-style.
Doing all the Mapping & LUA solo x]

Alot to be done as you see, but I've been working on this shit for over six months so it'll keep it's high-standard in details, history/RPG & Playerfriendly.

And I'd love to write whole history, but... It's long as fuck. Maybe I'll write it partwise when I'll add teasers.

Or... http://worldofamoria.wordpress.com is our outdated blog, check it for a FEW teasers.

Kind Regards, Demon Eldorath.

Last edited by Demon Eldorath on Mon May 19, 2008 5:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://niklas.nilssons.net
Bruce
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:18 pm

Pretty nice minimap!
Since it's just a minimap I can't say much about it, only that I like it's shape...
Maybe a second continent... but that'll be a lot of work =P

Post some closer SS's!

C ya
Back to top Go down
https://mappershell.rpg-board.net
Basti
Great User
Great User
Basti

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:53 pm

Yea. I like your minimap, too Very Happy
Just post some single-screenies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:58 pm

Yeah, well. I'm already making small scratches of the second continent which will be premium side. But first I need to complete the main one of find two great guys which could continue on first continent.

And I think you forgot the Link. Since there's a few teasers of places plus their history.

Kind Regards, Demon Eldorath
Back to top Go down
Bruce
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:42 pm

Well, I've been really busy the last days... but I've got nothing to map nor imagination to start a new map from scratch... so if you want some help to keep yours up, just tell me. I guess you've seen some of my work on another thread. If you want to see some more, just tell me... I might post here.
If not, then good luck with your map =P
Hope you release it soon and maybe open a server or post it for download...

C ya!

UBER EDIT

Holy crap! I've just seen the link to your homepage... man you amused me!
You've got some really nice pictures of your map! You've created some really nice places!
I loved those portals... so mystic!
I really do hope to see some more from you... keep it up!

C ya
Back to top Go down
Air
Air

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:14 am

First impression seems ok to me Smile
Post some close-ups please.
Back to top Go down
Fron
User
User

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:09 pm

That is pretty darn amazing, oh my god, simply a masterpiece Smile
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:37 pm

Air wrote:
First impression seems ok to me Smile
Post some close-ups please.

As I earlier mentioned... http://worldofamoria.wordpress.com for the only teasers availible and online.
Check that site before you ask for closeups.
More will come for sure.

and...

@Bruce.
I've seen enough from you and I'm sure that your knowlegde and skills of mapping won't make my map any harm.
But I want to see some imagination from you. As my portals, unique. My Tree passage, unique and alot more from it, plus my quest style is unique. Ownmade and so on.
But add my MSN, which is added on my profile I think - and we'll have a talk about it for further decisions and creations.

And hey, you any good with cities? Since I'm stuck in my Ice town. made half of it and it's really nice aswell, but now I'm stuck since I used all my ideas of a ice city already on it. You wanna try finish it and then I'll base my decision apon the result?

Back to top Go down
Bruce
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:15 pm

Sure, if you want me to finish it, just send me what you've done. Else, I've got just a good idea about a ice town... and yeah, you'll find it pretty unique.

Tnkz for your comment about my work, and yeah, I'll try to make some more unique views.

We'll talk later on.
I'm still at work and shall be home soon.

C ya
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 7:06 pm

Bruce wrote:
Sure, if you want me to finish it, just send me what you've done. Else, I've got just a good idea about a ice town... and yeah, you'll find it pretty unique.

Tnkz for your comment about my work, and yeah, I'll try to make some more unique views.

We'll talk later on.
I'm still at work and shall be home soon.

C ya

I'll be going to sleep now. Got work tomorrow and a dog which annoys me atm making strange sounds and shit. Add me and we'll talk about it. Though I might check my MSN later, so add and we might get some time left over to talk.

EDIT!!

http://otfans.net/showthread.php?t=116527

Hahaha, I think my Minimap is the most Pwnz0rs over there atm :<
Back to top Go down
Skip
User
User
Skip

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 12:31 pm

Demon Eldorath wrote:

EDIT!!

http://otfans.net/showthread.php?t=116527

Hahaha, I think my Minimap is the most Pwnz0rs over there atm :<

You are a good mapper, what I have seen until now, but I think you are somebody who thinks "Oh look at my map, I did it 80% solo, I'm perfect." But who did the other 20%? Don't you think it is not fair to post only your name and not the name of the other mapper/s?

Also they said nothing in the thread on otfans that your Map looks best. I like all minimaps there but you again: "Oh my Map is the best, all other are noobs!"
Just look at your first post in this thread. I can see there 4 sentences of you where you think you are the best.

1.: Minimap of Amoria [80% solo]
2.: But be patient, since I'm doing this solo-style.
3.: Doing all the Mapping & LUA solo x]
4.: Alot to be done as you see, but I've been working on this shit for over six months so it'll keep it's high-standard in details, history/RPG & Playerfriendly.

I mean your Map looks pretty nice, but I like to see some closer screens before I say more about it.
And sorry for this hard words but I think it is how I said.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Okay, fine. Whatever. since first point.

1.Shouldn't I atleast be proud of something which took me alot of time and aloooot of hours.
2.I'm just telling people not to rush since I'll not be done as fast as a TEAM.
3. Again. Still the same thing. + I'm proud since I didn't ever heard of someone doing a server all alone which is well done, since almost everyone resign from the project.

4. I'm just telling everyone I'm not done and I got alot on my mind since I'm making it as a playerfriendly environment. And the extra info I'm adding is since I'm accually searching for a/more mappers which could help out since AS I SAID, not many would of continue this kind of project solo. Think about Radonia (if you're that involved into OTservers, no offence). I'm doing somewhat the same, all custom, none base npc exist or quest, All custom quest which involves scripts which is done by me and so on.
Radonia is a team of ten people total +/-. I'm still alone.

And sure, I ACCUALLY think I'm Quite good. and I know I'm pretty good since half the OTfans Mods and higher posters on my MSN tells me so. It makes me feel proud, would you like to take that feeling away?

But still.. Thank you for your honest words, I really can't blame you for your thought, though I can choose wheter I want to take them to me or not.
And I know You're one of a small group which shares your thoughts.

Imagine, LUA and mapping.. Mapping does like three hours or more, since I'm trying to do my best to make it playerfriendly.
AND MY LUA... I'm bad at lua, I only know somewhat from the basics, and It does take alot of time from me to finish each script. So trust me, I'm grateful for every single comment.. Including yours with honestly.

Take care.

Back to top Go down
Niborz
Great User
Great User
Niborz

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:57 pm

Fucking awesome. I love it. Very Happy
and MY BOATS ARE FLOATING! xd
hail amoria.

am I welcome? pig
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:29 pm

Niborz wrote:
Fucking awesome. I love it. Very Happy
and MY BOATS ARE FLOATING! xd
hail amoria.

am I welcome? pig

Since your old map r still availible on the map. And it's matching our criterias, so yeah sure. lemme just get enought of time to pass some subject for you to fix.
Back to top Go down
cdR
User
User

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:49 pm

Awesome minimap, how long? Read it somewhere but don't remember.. 7 or 8 months, huh? And you mean 80% all map or just the overground (without caves) part? (I think you mean you have made 80% solo and others helped you in 20% ¬¬', I understand this way now ;p)

After looking this I made just one conclusion: The map is, and always will be, the heart of the server, doesn't matter if have incredibles systens or unique itens, spells and monsters (this help) but without a huge(well done too :p) and interesting map will be nothing Razz

I saw the portals you have made (love it), remember a game (Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion) just coincidence?
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:01 pm

I just played Elder Scrolls III, soz :< But the Ideas with portal just came up since I just random got to think of the Ingame teleport bubbles - and how ugly they are. x]

And yes, I did like 80% and got help with the rest 20%~.

And I think you're wrong in one point, since if you only have an awsome map, and no script or such people will find it like every server else.
If there's full of customs then there's a reason to play JUST that otserver.
But yeah, Map stands for 65% of a server according to me.

Sincerly, Demon
Back to top Go down
cdR
User
User

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Well, think better the portal of oblivion is not like your (if I understood they well), but continue be a unique ideia to overlap those teleport bubbles (like the term Razz)

Ye, need have scripts, but don't need new monsters or new huges spells, just unique quests and "simple" actions/talk/move~ be nice.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:30 pm

Exactly, exact my thoughts.

Sincerly Demon.
Back to top Go down
Niborz
Great User
Great User
Niborz

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Custom spells would be a little too much, and confusing for players. A couple of new monsters is cool though. Like the Lost Lands; zombie, sandworm, ninja etc.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:49 pm

Well I'll add a few small shitty bosses and so on.
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:43 am

I think it looks good for a minimap Smile
Back to top Go down
Spongebob
Newcomer
Newcomer

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 4:56 pm

thats realy good ^^ wish u all luck in the Future!
Back to top Go down
Niborz
Great User
Great User
Niborz

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 5:03 pm

Heer Karel wrote:
In fact, it's awesome Very Happy

When it's done and photoshopped it'll be even more awesome. *beats cip plx*
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm

Niborz wrote:
Heer Karel wrote:
In fact, it's awesome Very Happy

When it's done and photoshopped it'll be even more awesome. *beats cip plx*
good luck with that ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minimap of Illyrium.   Minimap of Illyrium. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minimap of Illyrium.