Mappers Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-04-04

[Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Empty
PostSubject: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:01 am

Dear people reading this thread,
Me and my friend Mindstorm are going to create a server, which was his idea.
The basic idea was to create Atlantis, with 4 cities, we didn't want players to be able to walk straight into the mighty city of atlantis, that's why a player has to do 5 tasks.
In 1 city the player has to defend a town which is being attacked, this can be at some different ways like help fighting, making potions or loading the catapults.
The second npc has lost an item, it has fallen of a cliff into a deep mountain with a nasty monster. He'll ask you to bring back his item. This can be doen at two ways:
1. you just kill it
2. you first do some sub tasks, like blowing up the wood which support the wait of the mountain, and will let the rocks kill the monster (ofc this is not like, pull a lever)
Third npc:
he is some kind of a druid who makes heal potions, but he ran out of stock, and he will ask you to gather him some herbs in the jungle, which is in form of a maze where you will have to do some different sub tasks before you will be able to pick up the herb.
the fourth npc:
this will be a non-human npc who speaks a different language, you will have to learn this language by going to the Ancient Library, open some books and the npc will talk normal english to you.
the last npc:
this will be the boat npc, he needs an compass to sail to atlantis, and you will have to get it for him. The npc will ask you some questions, each question contains a hint, the more questions answered correct, the more hints you get. (note at least 3/5 questions must be answered correctly!) there will be like 20 questions asked random, so nobody gets the same questions.

after you've done all these missions, you will be able to enter the great city of Atlantis! this will be a peacefull city, but the it will have 3 rings, 2 will be peacefull, the last one won't. Atlantis will get some dungeons with nasty monsters where you can learn new spells or get awesome items.
------------------------------------------------
a picture of atlantis:
[Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Atlantistcapitol
and some screenshots of what is done of the map so far:
[Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Teaser1s2
rookgard temple
[Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Teaser1s15
atlantis entrance
[Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Rgt2
paladin shop, just a random screenshot
alright, that was about the server itself
now the application part
We currently need:

• a storyline writer -- Meowkitty resigned, we really need one again!
we want:

• age 15+ (we make exceptions, i'm only 14)
  • people who put effort in their work
  • you must be able to take critism (or whatever)

we don't want

• people who only want a gm, cuz that means buhbye
  • people who don't functionate properly in a team
  • people who do just whatever they want

the form:
Quote :

Name:
Way to contact you:
Example of you're work (for storyline writer I want a small part of a story (approx. 8 lines) and a npc text:
Why should we pick you?:
Please note, Now I do want to see an example of your work as mapper (3 screenshots, not zoomed out, just zoomed in on normal size)
it's not necissary, but it would be good if you had some knowledge about atlantis
and not that we don't want mappers, but they will have to do a test, so we can see what you know about Atlantis.
Note! All these jobs well be rewarded with a gm position, but for storylines go these rules from now:
0-25 stories: Tutor
0-15 npc texts + 0-8 stories: Senior Tutor
Any combination with at least 15 npc texts and 8 stories or 25 stories or more will be rewarded with a gm (or god, depends on how good your stories are).
the global map we will be creating:
[Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Taw
(the island muazia is rookgard, but because of a line missing, it is filled with water now :/)
Edited and re-opened, reason:
We fired about 50% of the team (Fiend534, Far Carder and Skorn2909)
Now, we are looking for some new team-members.
This is what you will recieve:
- a staff position (this also contains some duties I'll tell you about when you succesfully joined the team.
- all credits of what you made go to you, if we didn't change anything of it, not to us.
What can you expect from us when the server is up?
We will offer you a great rpg-experience, a great map, and hopefully (we really want that) a great community!
Also our server will be hosted 24/7. (with a little-to-no lag).
happy applying we hope we can welcome you to our team
greetings~
Heer Karel (mapper/scripter)
The Ancient World
Please take your time to fill a full application! Make it look professional and easy for us to read it, this makes the chance to get accepted bigger.
There are more people in the team, but they're not on this forum as far as I know.
I got a hosted forum now, it's to create a community, which makes it easier for us to tell you how the server is doing. Please join us http://tawotcommunity.freeforums.org/index.php.
For any questions, or if you don't want to post your application in this thread, send an email to:
theancientworldot@gmail.com

Last edited by Heer Karel on Thu May 22, 2008 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Air
Air

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:03 am

Goodluck finding new team members Wink
I'm sure TAWOT will be a big succes!
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:05 am

Well, thank you, and yes, it'll be a success (I know from a lot of peoples they'll go and play it) when it's finished...
Back to top Go down
Bruce
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:41 am

Now thats some nice team!
Heer is a really nice guy and I guess this team will really workout.
I'm not going to help you since I'm part of another team atm, but I can wish you good luck with it!

C ya
Back to top Go down
https://mappershell.rpg-board.net
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:42 am

Just heard some great news from the project starter, we got a new server, won't post any details here, but we can garantuee a 100% lag free gameplay, unless it are more than 1500 people playin, which I doubt
Back to top Go down
Spongebob
Newcomer
Newcomer

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 4:46 pm

Name: My name is Dennis.
Job you're applying for: Mapper
Way to contact you: Otfans or [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Showthread
Example of you're work: Just started to map agian :> just learned for 3-4 month now, looking on otfans, other sites and tutorials. And i played MmB`s Lost lands and learn alot about mapping, so all my old work i just delited, and started on new. And now i want to join a serious team, serious like me. but i started to map 3 days ago and for now i just can show u nature, my litte temple and a troll camp :> but the nature is like 75% of the map xD so its important.

Why should we pick you?: I am very serious and trustworthy :> you cant know that by now :\ but you will find out that i am soon :] And i do whats best for the server as a Game Master and i think thats very important. What im trying to say is, that bad gms make playes quit..

Question: Why did you fire the other menbers?

The Screenshoots: can u find on ur req thread. http://otfans.net/showthread.php?t=102746&page=12
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 5:11 pm

I have read your application spongebob, we will consider it.

P.s I fired them due to a lack of activity, but that was a while ago in feb or march..
Back to top Go down
Spongebob
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 5:17 pm

okej, thanks :> I realy want to start mapp agian Razz
Back to top Go down
Spongebob
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:17 pm

I take back my Application. i found i better job with a serious team.
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:18 pm

saying we're not serious? kick yourself in the ass and go emo
Back to top Go down
Spongebob
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:08 am

i waited for 4 days and u didt awnser, yea sounds realy serious.. saw that mini map -.- tooked u like 6 month to do that. u can kick ur self for inactivity..
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:55 am

Why are you still here by now? I bet - heer doesn't want you here if you're here to complain. TAWOT will turn out just fine - and you're the one to miss it. G-nite
Back to top Go down
http://niklas.nilssons.net
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:05 pm

if you don't like the project, then don't even CONSIDER to post your application, and seriously, I'm happy I took my time for this (had some other business to do this weekend) because I don't like your attitude at all, and do you care it took me 6 months? I was soloing this for 5 months so...

Spongbob denied -- Reason: I don't like your attitude and you don't meet my standards

Have a nice day Smile
TAWOT-Team
Back to top Go down
Spongebob
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 4:02 pm

yea, but u have time to send over 50~ other post in this forum and on otfans:O Well good luck with TAWOT, hope i still play tibia when its goes up.
PS: too late to denie me allredy taked back my application :,(
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 4:10 pm

Spongebob - I'd like you to act in a more mature way.
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 4:27 pm

if you'll play tibia for about 6 more months you'll see it come online Smile and don't tell me you're spongbob from otfans and hope I'll give you special attention cuz I won't, I'll be doing my job, and that's let the players play and only talk to them if I need to, or when I want to ask something to a friend (something you're not)
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 4:30 pm

Stick to the SUBJECT now. Don't get more offtopic or I'll have to Lock this thread, and I don't want to :<
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:01 pm

Well, I don't want to risk it. Since belive it or not, you're not the only one here.
- Heer, don't reply to him.

Bruce edit:
Spongebob, you might want to stop acting like this or you might get yourself in trouble.
There's no need to act or say such things. If you want the job, apply to it, if not, just close the freaking page and go to another area on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:42 pm

updated -No more mapper required, found one-
I'd welcome Hotoki to the team (however, he's not a member here Sad )
Back to top Go down
Bruce
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:11 pm

Ok, so I'll close this topic.

If you feel like opening it, please PM one of the MODs.

-=CLOSED=-

C ya
Back to top Go down
https://mappershell.rpg-board.net
Air
Air

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:06 am

Heer karel liked to have his thread opened~
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:12 am

yes, because I still need a storlyline writer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)   [Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Req Team] TAWOT (The Ancient World)
Page 1 of 1