Mappers Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark Realms - Mapping Contest!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FrozenM
User
User

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Dark Realms - Mapping Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Dark Realms - Mapping Contest!   Dark Realms - Mapping Contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:12 am

Hey buddys!
I know this will looks little weird, but well... we (DarkRealms Team) are looking for a new member to the team, wich fill all the pre requisits.. to be a mapper Very Happy

--------------
Dark Realms - Mapping Contest! Mappingcontest
--------------

Explaining better, the DarkRealms are need a new mapper, someone with good skills in the use of map editors, that have also some knowledge about randomization, details, city creation, hunts places and also quests.

The objective of this contest, as i areadly told, it's to find a new mapper for the team. Offcure, can happen that you maybe dont want the prize, but still want join the team, so we'v allowed to the wiine give the prize to someone.

Also, remembering that everyone can join this contest, but only will be accpet those wich fullfill the rules (down), and the map sent for avaliation must have everything that has been request, like themes, city creations...

The Prize : 1 Year of premium time

Yeah thats is, you aren't dreamming and also didn't read nothing wrong, we from the team DarkRealms will pay 1 year of premium time to the winner of the contest.

Now, lets go to the most important:

1- Rules

• To join, the user must accpet all the rules.
  • The map used in the contest, must be own of the user. If accused of ripping, the user will throw out of the contest.
  • Those who will join the contest must use the DarkRealms fanbar at their siganures.
  • This topic must be used only for questions or talking about the contest.
  • This contest will be divide parts, this way we'r going to have 3 parts in total.

2- Mapping Theme - Part 1

Map size min.: 200x200 sqm
Map size max.: 500x500 sqm

Theme: Grass/Mountains - Village

The participants must creat a new map with the theme grass, and also with a few mountains, remembering that exist some tutorials around there Mapping Tutorials, wich may can be helpfull.
Remembering that user must creat also a village, better explain, a little town...

What we'r going to observ:

• Tiles Randomization
  • Nature Distribuition
  • Map Details
  • The Village (Small City)
  • City Details

------------------

Those who wants to join, the time to join start 23/05 and finish day30/05, those who'r going to participate must send an e-mail to contato@dkrealms.com.br, with subject: Mapping Contest, with these infos:

Quote :
Name:
Nick in MG/MH:
Do you agree with all the rules:

Each part of the contest will have at last 10 days, then starting from day 30/05, the partcipants must send the map to the described e-mail, in a period max. of 10 days, then the first part ends at 09/06.

Remembering, to get the link of fanbar, visit this tópic Artwork.
The fanbar, must be visible at you'r signature!

Any question, post here.
Frozen

P.s: sorry for the english Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkrealms.com.br
Seabitz
User
User
Seabitz

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Dark Realms - Mapping Contest!   Dark Realms - Mapping Contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:04 am

If you're not going to change the picture to an with English text, atleast tell us what is says Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://otland.net/
James Hetfield
User
User
James Hetfield

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Dark Realms - Mapping Contest!   Dark Realms - Mapping Contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:14 am

200x200? for a contest lol ... thats to mutch :p
Back to top Go down
FrozenM
User
User

PostSubject: Re: Dark Realms - Mapping Contest!   Dark Realms - Mapping Contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:32 am

As ou guys asked, the text of the banner says:

Quote :
"The DarkRealms team is searching for a mapper...

...participate now and compete to 1 year of premmium time...

...clique here and check it out"

Very Happy
Frozen
Back to top Go down
Basti
Great User
Great User
Basti

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Dark Realms - Mapping Contest!   Dark Realms - Mapping Contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:23 pm

I'm agreeing with James. 200*200 - 500*500 is rly too much for 7 days...
Wink
Well, i dont take part in this contest. 1. I have a team Wink 2. I dont wanna waste my time here

so its not my problem what the contest-joiners wanna do xD

Good luck dude! cya
Back to top Go down
FrozenM
User
User

PostSubject: Re: Dark Realms - Mapping Contest!   Dark Realms - Mapping Contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:00 pm

In really.. the time to creat the map is 10 days, not 7 Very Happy
Anyway, thanks for reading the topic at last.

Frozen
Back to top Go down
Basti
Great User
Great User
Basti

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Dark Realms - Mapping Contest!   Dark Realms - Mapping Contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:11 pm

Quote :
Those who wants to join, the time to join start 23/05 and finish day30/05, those who'r going to participate must send an e-mail to contato@dkrealms.com.br, with subject: Mapping Contest, with these infos:

read wrong ^.^ sry
Back to top Go down
Survivor
Great User
Great User
Survivor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Dark Realms - Mapping Contest!   Dark Realms - Mapping Contest! Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 4:56 am

looks cool, but i don't like to do anything for ppl who don't even want to adapt to the main language Smile
Don't think I'm a crazy patriot, my native language is dutch, but english is the main language and we, here in the netherlands, can adapt. Smile

You will miss like 40-50 % of all tibia players if you won't change it to english.
If I must be honest, I would press at X too if I would see a spanish/swedish site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Realms - Mapping Contest!   Dark Realms - Mapping Contest! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Realms - Mapping Contest!
Page 1 of 1