Mappers Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New name of the forum.

Go down 
+6
Mackan
Xenios
Niborz
Survivor
cdR
Demon Eldorath
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-05-07

New name of the forum. Empty
PostSubject: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:14 pm

Any ideas of a new forum name?

We're at the moment thinking of changing the name of this forum when we buy a domain and upgrade to Vbulletin.

Name your suggestion and and please keep it short.
.com /.net

Kind Regards, Demon Eldorath.
Back to top Go down
http://niklas.nilssons.net
cdR
User
User

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:20 pm

Open Mappers
link would be: omappers.com/.net

just for suggest sure don't will be choice Razz
Back to top Go down
Survivor
Great User
Great User
Survivor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:24 pm

I don't know a good name but i think something with OpenTibia has to be involved, cuz we are mapping with tibia grapihcs, for a open tibia server right? We aren't mapping for WoW or GTA..

About .com/.net
I gues .net is cheaper so why don't you take .net? Razz Both look good, and i think .net is cheaper. Otherwise i don't know..

yours,
SuRv1vOr
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:28 pm

Well we didn't decided yet. Domains are cheap anyway. so that few dollars wont hurt us.

@offtopic. GET ON CHAT xd
Back to top Go down
Niborz
Great User
Great User
Niborz

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:40 pm

.com is cheaper, but .net looks more professional.
openmappers... hmm ever heard of openlua.com? (ot scripting blx!) :p
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:44 pm

openmap.com/net xd ?
Back to top Go down
Niborz
Great User
Great User
Niborz

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:44 pm

the Mappers Society - mappersociety.net
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:49 pm

MAWMDKAWDDNWADNWIADAW, you GOT IT. i love it. Why didn't I think of that. I always use Society in my guildnames XD
Back to top Go down
Niborz
Great User
Great User
Niborz

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:52 pm

yessss is rox Very Happy

(reason of spamming is i have 25~posts which is embarrassing, so I have to embarass myself a little more by spamming!!)
Back to top Go down
Xenios
User
User

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:18 pm

Ot-mapping.net would fit, easy to write/remember and contains ot and mapping.

And since when are we a society? xd
Back to top Go down
Mackan
User
User

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:23 pm

Maybe Mappers Guild would be a suitable name and you'd need to show some of your work to become a full member and gain access to the boards. That way it would be a confirmation that you can map. And people could get a userbar with the text 'Member of the Mappers Guild.' on it. That would not only get people to join the forum but also give advertising on other forums. Very Happy

And maybe the URL could be: mappersguild.com
Back to top Go down
Survivor
Great User
Great User
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:36 pm

yea sounds nice, but mackan, open tibia maping isn't the only mapping thing in the world.. You have mapping for every game, so i think something with "tibia" or öpen tibia" has to be involved..
Back to top Go down
Bruce
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:57 pm

-Mappersworld.com/.net

-OtMappers.com/.net

-ArtMapping.com/.net

-WorldMappers.com/.net

-Mappers.com/.net

-ilovepeanutbutterandjelly.com/.net

Endless possibilities Razz
Well, Soon we shall have a poll. I'll make it Demon. When we decide we've got enough entries.

C ya all Razz
Back to top Go down
https://mappershell.rpg-board.net
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

Number of posts : 293

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 3:52 am

I like the idea from mackan the most ^^
can't come up with a name myself
Back to top Go down
Air
Air

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:10 am

Mackan wrote:
Maybe Mappers Guild would be a suitable name and you'd need to show some of your work to become a full member and gain access to the boards. That way it would be a confirmation that you can map. And people could get a userbar with the text 'Member of the Mappers Guild.' on it. That would not only get people to join the forum but also give advertising on other forums. Very Happy

Mackan, thanks for this brilliant idea!

There are not really a lot of (good) mappers, so maybe then there could be a section for non-mappers, else the forum won't get really bigger then this.

anyways, thank mackan Wink
Back to top Go down
Survivor
Great User
Great User
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:14 am

how more non-mapping sections there are, how less ppl will post showoffs/be busy with mapping.
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:26 am

Survivor wrote:
how more non-mapping sections there are, how less ppl will post showoffs/be busy with mapping.
I guess when making non-mapping sections, other people will come here to post there and ruin the community (same as happens on otfans)... However, you can say people need xx amount of posts (more then 10 of course, something like 50 or 100), so people will need to post useful stuff in mapping section first
Back to top Go down
Air
Air

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:33 am

Heer Karel wrote:
Survivor wrote:
I guess when making non-mapping sections, other people will come here to post there and ruin the community (same as happens on otfans)... However, you can say people need xx amount of posts (more then 10 of course, something like 50 or 100), so people will need to post useful stuff in mapping section first

So you mean that first you need 10.50 post in mapping section before getting in other sections?
Back to top Go down
Demon Eldorath
Demon Eldorath

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:37 am

I like Niborz and Mackans alts.
@Bruce, Okay. You can do the poll x]
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:54 am

Air wrote:
Heer Karel wrote:
Survivor wrote:

So you mean that first you need 10.50 post in mapping section before getting in other sections?
no, somebody was saying other ppl will come only to post in the non-mapping section.... So I gave a solution for that
Back to top Go down
Niborz
Great User
Great User
Niborz

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:55 am

Air wrote:
Mackan wrote:

Mackan, thanks for this brilliant idea!

There are not really a lot of (good) mappers, so maybe then there could be a section for non-mappers, else the forum won't get really bigger then this.

anyways, thank mackan Wink

no offence, but do you really think non-mappers would come to this forum in the first place? lmao
Back to top Go down
Heer Karel
Advanced User
Advanced User
Heer Karel

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:56 am

Lol, niborz is right, well, maybe some noobs who also post in wrong sections at otfans, but I guess experienced scripters who don't map won't come here... Niborz is right (shiiit >.<)
Back to top Go down
Niborz
Great User
Great User
Niborz

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:00 am

I am, and the accept member thingy isn't that good either (no offence mackan). Imagine being new member meeting this confusion, everybody does not read everything. And it'll stop people from registering - they won't waste their time on posting stuff until getting the word "accepted" or the "declined"-word.

It'd suck seriously + you'd waste around 200$ for a vB license that isn't used

edit:
Mapping Academy, Mapping Society, Mapping Club.

And doesn't have to contain ot/tibia/open tibia/otserv
Back to top Go down
Survivor
Great User
Great User
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 7:42 am

Mappersguild is a pretty good name^^
Back to top Go down
Xenios
User
User

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 7:50 am

Niborz wrote:

edit:
Mapping Academy, Mapping Society, Mapping Club.

And doesn't have to contain ot/tibia/open tibia/otserv

Well I think it has to because it says it's about opentibia not a kind of other game mapping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New name of the forum.   New name of the forum. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New name of the forum.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next